29 October 2008

Bronze Star Ceremony

Today husband FINALLY had his Bronze Star ceremony! I was able to go, and was one of three wives that showed up to watch an entire regiment formation/awards ceremony. Slightly sad...

Anyway, husband's was first and as soon as they started reading the blurb about his deployment and success in leading his team my heart started pounding and I felt like the proudest wifey on earth. It was amazing to watch. It really made me think though. If everyone only knew the details of what he went through over two years ago that lead up to this award, they'd have been just as emotional as me. Those details aren't to be shared (although I do know them) and he probably won't share them much, if at all, again in this life. He struggles daily to move past that deployment, the events that took place, the life that was lost, and the part of himself that he'll never get back. This was a milestone for him today. He knows it, but refuses to make as big a deal of it as I insist on doing. Here are some pictures. My good friend 1LT Hollijo Monroe is a couple people to his left with the tan CAV hat on. She was awarded an Army commendation medal today.

Just a in formation, getting ready to start.


Just a fraction of the number of soldiers that were in the full formation.


Caught hubby's eye for a straight-on shot before they were ordered to turn around.


Hubby being presented the award. Yes, they all look the same, but I know the back of his head anywhere. Mattea things they're all "daddies" and squeals whenever she sees a group of soldiers!


After the formation, taking in a little shade. Tate was in school and had already missed almost a full day that week so we opted not to pull him out again.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats!
And a HUGE thank you for your service and the service of your husband!

~AirmanMom returning to her blog...

Dian said...

That is so awesome! Thank you for sharing that on your blog! Tell him I am so proud of him & you all for all that you all do and go through! Love ya all!!

Megane said...

Congrats! That is pretty exciting! The little family picture is adorable!
And I agree with airmanmom, THANKS for the service you do for our country!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to Micheal, we couldn't be more proud and grateful for his service. Your hubby is our hero. I get emotional whenever I think about it....your family is an inspiration to us! Love you dearly,
Denise and Cam