18 January 2008

So I was talking to my friend today about potty training her little girl who is 2. She's struggling with it and I told her my niece is too and is the same age. I wonder what goes through little kids minds when they think to themselves "hmm...I'm going to strip down naked right here and pee on the floor...looks like a good spot". I would compare it to our new puppy who squats whenever the urge creeps in. I'm so tired of soaking up puppy wee wee and picking up logs of puppy pooh that I'm about ready to go get some of those doggy diapers for doggy senior citizens.

So the other day I was changing Mattea's diaper who, by the way, was fighting a virus and had super nasty runs. I cleaned up her and was just about to put a clean diapy on her when the dog looked suspicious and started to squat on the bedroom floor. I grabbed her and ran outside with her. She wee weed and we came back in. Seriously couldn't have been more than a minute or two at the most. I come back in Mattea's room and she's lying in the changing table surrounded in a liquid aura of diahrrea and wee wee...like she was floating in a lake of sludge... OK I did NOT know what to do...this was sick...it took me over an hour to clean up the mess, bathe Mattea and try not to lose my day's consumptions along the way. I love motherhood!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nae, I just think it is hard to conceive how innocent children really are at that stage (and puppies too) I forget that she is a clean slate, and the only way she learns is if she has the opportunity to make a mistake. The challenge is cleaning up those mistakes, unfortunately. I had the hardest time accepting this, and finally I let her start to make mistakes on the floor and correct her and she has made more progress in the past week than she has ina long time. The problem, however, is that now she has understanding of not to go on the floor, but still doesnt want to go on the potty, she would rather take her wet(or poopy) diaper off, go get a new one, and attept to put it on herself!Too smart and stubborn for her own good!
Nees