18 January 2008

So Tate asks me today..."Mom, do you think I get annoying?".

EEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! (breaks squealing)...OK, how do I answer this? Do I be honest and say "well yes honey, sometimes you do but that doesn't mean I don't love you and love hearing your stories". Or do I stay safe and say "No honey, why do you say that?".Yes, I chickened out and stayed safe. Even though I think I've blatantly told him before that he was annoying me and probably others around him. He didn't seem to remember that though...thank goodness! I love my son, more than I could ever explain. He does have this way of telling stories that seems like he's pulling on my ears and talking into them and I can't pull away because he has this hold on my ears and it blurs into an echo and ten minutes later I tune back in and catch just enough of the end of the story to make a comment afterwards.

Anybody out there feel me on this one?

No comments: