03 August 2008

On a Monday...

Tomorrow is the day...I start my work out/eating plan. I have agreed to meet a friend of mine at the gym three mornings a week at 5am. What has possessed me to do such an insane thing? I'm normally out of bed at the last possible moment before I have to get ready for something, be somewhere, or one of the kids wakes up. I've decided though, that I schedule time for eating, sleeping, appointments, even napping...why shouldn't I schedule time for my health? It just so happens that 5am is really the only time of the day I don't have to get a sitter just to go for a jog. I'll be a walking zombie for a few weeks while I get used to this new routine, but I'm looking forward to that first five or ten pounds lost...which really means that I can stop rotating the same three outifts during the week and actually wear my pre-baby clothes (that aren't stretchy cotton)! Ah...no more chipmunk cheeks in pictures...no more innertube around my midsection...no more jiggly arms... Feel free to ask me how I'm doing. The more people checking in on me, the more likely I am to follow through!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Good luck! You can do this!!!!

~AirmanMom returning to her blog...

Megane said...

I wish you lots of luck! I did a 10week kickboxing course at 5:15am m-sat., i had to get up at 4:40am. It was tough, but I felt soooo good. Then it was out of the way, no babysitters, and I lost inches and weight. Definitely worth it, now I get up at 6:00 and go walking. I want to get pregnant soon, thats why I stopped the kbox (at it cost $$$$), but I will do it again after the newborn stage is through! So good luck and have fun!

Anonymous said...

So it is now Tuesday and you should take the time to give us all an upgrade on your first day! I can't believe...5am?!?! You are insane! If I make it into bed by 1 and up by 7 I am lucky! Yes, I still have a baby that wakes up during the night to eat! Good luck and I want to hear more!
Andrea