12 November 2008

TARANTULA!!!!!!!!!!

Here are some pics and a video (if I can get it to work) of a GINORMOUS tarantula that just took a stroll around my backyard. It was a good thing I was sitting at the computer, which looks out the sliding glass back door, otherwise I wouldn't have seen Mo, my dog, acting strange and following something around. She was just about to pounce on it when I saw and yelled at her to come inside. Thankfully, as always, she obeyed immediately. Even though I could almost see her mouth watering for a bite of hair goodness. This thing made me sick to my stomach and shaky. I freaked out, grabbed my camera, took a couple pics and a 5 second video, and called husband at work to come "dispose" of it before it got in the house somehow. It made a beeline for both our back doors! Its like it new exactly where to get in! My hubby reminded me that they jump (urban legend? I think not!) and to stay away from it. He came home just as it parked itself right outside of my sliding door. With a swift stab of a 2x4, the creepy, almost floaty, and ultra hairy little devil met his maker and was flung over the fence into the "nothingness" along with the murder weapon. Sorry if this is graphic, but I don't think I have any underage readers that I know of. He told me it was probably hunting (as we simultaneously saw freaking huge beetle run across the rocks near our grill) and I agree...except I think it was hunting my dogs, who are tiny! Enjoy (if that's the word) the pics.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH MY! That made me freak out I actually got itchy! I don't know what I would've done! I am glad that your hubby could get rid of it!

Anonymous said...

ICK and double ICK and totally cool at the same time! I am so intrigued by spiders even though they freak me out! I saw a black widow hanging from a stopsign while my companion and I were waiting to cross a street on our mission in AZ.

Thanks for sharing! I want to know how I can get my blog to look so neat and tidy as yours. I would like to figure out how to line all the photos up and have more text, etc.

Any suggestions?

Sylwia said...

that is sooo gross! i hope i dont have to move to tx, southern california, etc. but being in the military we probably will!!

Anonymous said...

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!