10 December 2008

Oh baby.....

And its official....there will be another baby Wright! OK, so I totally didn't even think I was pregnant! I took the test more for fun than anything and on Monday it almost instantly showed two lines. You'd better believe I yanked the box back out of the garbage and made sure two meant positive and not negative! I instantly got this goofy grin on my face and the only thing I could think was that my hubs was going to freak!

I told my hubs that I got him a Christmas present (even though we agreed not to exchange gifts this year) but that I was having it specially made and it would be late. He was all disappointed because he didn't get me anything and I just couldn't stop smiling. I told him "yeah...they said its going to be about 9 months late". He got this confused "duh" look on his face like he was trying to think what kind of gift could possibly take that long to make and then I swear he turned white as a sheet and fell backwards a little and ran around the corner into the laundry room. I was cracking up. Ah...anyway, it was good.

So according to MY calculations, I'm due around August 12th next year. Ugh...August...that is a looooong time away. I certainly hope we are either discharged and moved or reclassed and moved by then. No way do I want to go through a Mojave Summer being huge and prego! I have orientation on Monday at the OB/GYN office and get to do blood tests and other enjoyable activities and then make my first appointment later that week. You know, just the other day my husband and I had decided that we were going to wait to have another child. I had my mind made up that it would be another year or two. Apparently the Lord has other plans for me....like making me be prego before I've lost all my baby weight from Mattea and prego in the desert no less! I love the Lord and His mysterious ways.

Oh...this will be my son's 7th sibling! For those of you that don't know me...no, I do not have 6 other children. Tate's father has four children, we have Mattea and Shane (my hubs adorable son) and now baby Wright. Whew!

5 comments:

Sylwia said...

congratulations! we are thinking about another baby too, since i'm 35 this year!

Kelly said...

Congrats Renee!!!!! Wow that is so beyond exciting!! Maybe he/she will be a little early, my birthday is August 10th :) And being preggo in the desert wasn't quite as miserable as it sounds, for me anyways. Let me know if Mattea wants to come over to play if you need a nap!

Megane said...

Congrats!!! That is exciting news! Hopefully you feel great through the whole thing, heat and all!

Anonymous said...

Wow, I can't believe it! That is so exciting. You know, Luke is 9 months and I am alreay thinking about it. How exciting for all of you. I have never had a surprise like that. All of ours were well planned. I wish sometimes that it would just happen. It would be easier for me if I did'nt have to decided when to have a little one. Congratulations and enjoy this time. It is so magical!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! We are super excited for you and your family. New babies are equally challenging and bring so many new blessings! I had to think back when I found out that Kaitlyn was coming...major surprise, but I had that same goofy grin you were explaining all at the same time as major butterflies! So awesome! There's nothing sweeter! Love and kisses!