02 September 2008

So Close...

Mattea came so close to walking today! I was at a Pampered Chef party this morning. Almost everyone had brought their child(ren) and she was having fun squealing and crawling around to check each one out. After the demonstration and game it was time to eat. Magazine-perfect rolled egg casserole thingies and fruit with fluffy cream cheese-marshmallow fluff dip...ah...you'd better believe I worked my butt off at the track tonight after all that! Anyway, Mattea was next to me on the floor taking bites from my fork. I got caught up in the thingy and how delicious it was and forgot to give her a bite for all of 30 seconds so she just grabbed hold of my legs, steadied herself, and stood up! Not pulling herself up, STANDING UP! I cheered like a crazy women, made my best baby/mama voice praising her left and right and so she did it again! The second time I didn't say anything. I wanted to see if she'd take a step or do anything else with it if I didn't interrupt her with my ridiculous song and dance. She didn't, but I was still beaming. I made sure everyone in the room knew what she did. They probably all thought "hmm...a 13-month-old just stood up...wow" but little do they know, this girl studies, examines, measures and just thinks about things for a VERY long time before trying them. Hence...not walking yet. I'm so proud of my little girl! Here is a picture of her on her outside swing. It was actually taken right before she flopped forward and landed nose first on the metal bar at the base of the little playground. A nasty bloody nose followed. :(

3 comments:

Megane said...

That is so cute! Sarah didn't walk until she was about 14 months, Meg and Joseph walked at 10 months so I did not mind AT ALL that she walked later! It was fun to enjoy her being more of a baby! Your daughter is adorable!

Denise said...

Oh Renee, she is so cute and she looks so much older than when we saw her! Before you know it you will be getting your workout from chasing her around the house. What a sweetie!

Anonymous said...

What a cutie! Walking is fun, but when they start it only takes a day for them to start running. Sam was extremely early on everything except walking. He walked at 15 months even thou he started talking in full sentences when he was 14 months. So, you can imagine how silly it looked to see this baby talking to people and not walking. Hope she is fine after the nose bleed. Andrea