12 August 2009

D-Day

Well, its D-Day...and no baby. My pregnancy ticker is down to zero but my bassinette is empty. So, what's a mama to do with no baby on d-day? Go get a pedicure and eat spicy food, of course! Both of which I did today. The pedicure was great, and my pedi-girl gave me extra massage time on my feet and calves to see if we could get some contractions going, but to no avail (is that how you spell avail?). I ate Chipotle for lunch (I should own stock in that restaurant by now) and it was spicy enough to make me "glisten"...perfect! Then we decided to try gelato for the first time. I had a turtle flavor, called kikker, and husband mixed a mint with peanut butter (ew). Anyway, it was pricey, but yummy.

So now my belly is full, hospital bags packed, baby clothes put away, my toes are pretty, my legs shaved for the week (hey, just try telling me you're 40 weeks prego and still shave your legs daily...just try...) and I'm all ready! I can't wait for my doc appt. Friday. This doctor should use caution, as I will be an emotional bomb waiting to go off if he tells me they won't induce yet. I won't leave the exam table until I get that induction date.

1 comment:

Megane said...

good Luck!!!!!! can't wait to see him!