16 September 2009

The Mall

In the mall today, Mattea and Gunnar and I stopped for some water and a cookie. We sat down outside of Younkers to eat our snack and rest and a group of teens resembling darkly decorated toothpicks came and took up the opposite half of the small seating area outside of the snack stand. They commenced their convo about depression and ADHD medicine and my jaw about dropped when nearly all of them (I think there were six of them) named the depression med they take (or resist taking). One kid named the ADHD med he stopped taking because it made him depressed, then followed by naming the depression medicine he takes as a chaser and THEN followed by saying he wants to take the same kind of depression medicine his Mom takes because she hallucinated once as a side effect.

Then I'm in Von Maur on my quest to find Gunnar a white dress shirt for his blessing on Sunday, and I had to back up the stroller in a narrow isle to get to a display of clothing. As I backed up, I passed a pillar that was covered in mirrors. Of course, I didn't realize this at first, and when I saw my reflection in the mirror (or what I thought was another shopper) I caught myself as I started to apologize and excuse myself for almost running her down. This still makes me laugh...

2 comments:

Laura Ann Terry said...

that is too funny, and kinda scary. I hope this kids get help:) Time for a spa day?

Denise said...

HAHAHAHAHA!!!! I just now read this!!!(the drug part is scary!) Oh my goodnesss! That is the funniest thing I have heard in a long time! Dont worry...I can relate! (Remember the "HOOOONK!Save yourself!!!!)