10 May 2010

Got SAHM?

I was lying in bed last night amused at the acronyms used to refer to Moms who choose to stay home with their children and all things related. I should've been sleeping. It probably would've made for a better blog post had I dozed off into dreamland, but my mind wouldn't stop churning out new and even better acronyms.

Here are some oldies but goodies:
SAHM - Stay At Home Mom
DH - Dearest Husband
DS - Dearest Son
DD - Dearest Daughter
I've even seen DT - Dearest Twins (laugh out loud)

Here is the new and improved list:
SAHSATIFOOR - Stays At Home Spending All Time In Front Of Oprah Reruns
CIBBHIT - Covered In Breakfast But Hanging In There
SAHAGADSIL - Stays At Home And Gets A Daily Shower If Lucky
NIWILF - Naptime Is What I Live For
DS-AUKHALIIT - Dearest Son- Are You Kidding How About Loudest Infant In Town
INAMAP - I Need A Massage And Pedicure

Does it weird me out that these are the things running through my mind at 11pm? Nah...because I'm a SAASAHMHIHOMSS (Stressed And Anxious Stay At Home Mom Hoping I Help Other Moms Stay Sane). Acronyms make me grin. In any case, it was enough to help me get my mind off the laundry for a few minutes.

Make me grin moment!
What acronyms have you thought of related to our special stay-at-home world? Leave me a comment!

2 comments:

Denise said...

SAHMTTFMF:
Stay at home Mom trying to find my floor.
That pretty much sums up this stage in life with two little busy bodies!

Beth said...

SAHMSNTSAHDSRTS:
Stay At Home Mom Struggling Not to Scream as Her Dear Son Refuses to Sleep!
I know I'm a little late on this, but give me a break, I just found this (yeah, I'm slow!)