02 February 2011

Be STILL!

Snow day! In all actuality it is not that bad out where we are. But, our school district jumped on the bandwagon and cancelled school. Seems its what all the cool schools were doing, so...

We are all still in our pajamas. G and M are riding their 4-wheeler and tricycle, respectively, around the house. T is playing Xbox (I'm beginning to think the controller has become an extra appendage).

I'm chatting on the phone, battling my internal urge to get up and clean, workout, fix a few freezer meals, etc. I should be able to just sit STILL on days like this. Just allow myself to stay in pj's all day and be silly with my kids and eat snack food and soda and watch mindless movies. However, this causes a wave of guilt to rush through me and then I end up ruining my childrens' day by making them do chores and trying to emphatically explain that our dwelling is a pit and we can't live like that.

Must...be...lazy...must...fight..."mean mom" syndrome...must...eat...pop tarts...for lunch.

1 comment:

Beth said...

Pop Tarts mornings are the bomb, so rise and shine!