16 September 2013

My mother told me not too long ago that I choose to live life the hard way...and I've done that since I was a little girl.

I agree. 

Today I had a classmate tell me she had no idea how I handle school while having kids, because she thought just having a dog and going to school was difficult. My reply? You learn to live life like a walking zombie. I often wonder in the back of my mind if this is all worth it. The ever growing bags under my eyes, the time away from my kids and husband, my housework and laundry left behind, my yard overgrown, my sleep sporratic and light at best, headaches...

Then I remember the feeling I had when I prayed about nursing school. The blessings I've seen since starting this "hard way". How gaps have been bridged and goals exceeded when I had nothing left to give. When I get the gut-wrenching feeling of desperation and drive when I see someone suffering and know I can make a difference, or the smile on my face when I feel that quiet reassurance from my Maker reminding me He wouldn't have made this possible if it weren't in His grand plan for me.

I did have headaches today...my back hurt...I saw my kids for about 2 hours total...I didn't eat enough...I lost more hair...I have new aches and pains...and it all reminds me I'm still moving forward.

Yes...life the hard way...the real way.

No comments: