09 September 2013

Totally tough weekend... (slowly bring in mournful cello music in backround)

I was supposed to run a half marathon on Saturday. I've trained for months, did it last year (and did it well, might I add), and was so ready. If I might be so bold as to say it, the universe threw everything it could at me to stop the race from happening, and in the end my body finally refused. Illness, exhaustion, asthma, stress fractures, uncontrollable weight gain, and some fancy frosting on top called a migraine.

It started the night before after stuffing myself full of pasta at Hu Hot to "carb up". Dull throbbing...fuzzy thinking...upset tummy...

By 2am I knew deep down it wasn't going anywhere. By 6:45am as we sat in the parking area near the starting line I finally gave in to the fact that this was not happening for me. (increase intentsity of mournful music to climax) I wanted to punch my window and kick rocks and yell into the sky "really?! REALLY?!".

I had a good cry, was tucked in by my Ma who was visiting, and after much rest and drug administration, I started feeling a little more normal about 10pm last night.

My friends ran great, persevered through the heat and humidity, and I'm so proud of them!

It didn't happen. It'll happen again. The end.

No comments: