02 July 2009

Oooo...pregnancy brain

Just a few glimpses of decision I have made during pregnancy that I should NOT have been allowed to make. I think my grey matter turns clear when I'm pregnant.

*Put prego capris on backwards...almost leave the house this way

*Get Dad a dog for Father's Day (as a surprise) and now end up inheriting that dog because he won't stay out of the highway (he's on a farm). This dog will make 3 for us....ugh....I can't bring myself to return him to the rescue league, even though that is what is in the adoption contract if it doesn't work out.

*Purchasing three different kiddie pools since arriving in the midwest. All inflatable...all from Wal-Mart...all but one are now in the trash because they deflated within 24 hours.

*Attempting to cook delicious meals for my parents as a way to thank them for allowing a family of four, soon to be five, move into their home for a minimum of three to four months. Not one has turned out the way it should have, nor has it tasted anything like its description.

*Cooking a strawberry rhubarb pie in my parents oven...without a cookie sheet underneath...with half the amount of corn starch necessary = taking pie out of oven and watching a tidalwave of "juice" spill out of my neat-o patchwork design top crust into the bottom of the oven.

*Eating lots of Taco Bell value meals in my early pregnancy because this is my last one and who cares, right? Who cares that I was halfway to a half-marathon before I got prego? The stretch marks on my thighs and the size XL shirts that are becoming snug say otherwise. Weight Watchers and bowflex...here I come. Give me about 6 weeks.

*Paying bills....enough said. Which is why my husband now does it until the color comes back to the "matter".

If I had any significant short or long term memory at all right now I could make this list last for a good twenty minutes of reading time. However the other day I couldn't even remember to put on a bra, let alone remember any details of my life beyond the past three hours. Oh...I need to get un-prego!!! Doc appt today, maybe they're off on my due date by 5 weeks.... ha.........ha.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Excellent post! It's been 20 years since I've had a prego brain...but I do remember those days well!
~AM

Anonymous said...

I guess prego brain are the same for all woman! I believe we are design to stay in bed and hibernate while prego, but again, i would not have laughed so hard had you done that! hahaha