21 July 2009

Tick Tock

So I just realized that my little ticker that keeps track of how many more days I have until my due date says 22 today! Woo hoo! At this point I think saying 22 days sounds like less time than saying 3 weeks. I'll just start going by days now.

I realize I've been somewhat vague about my pregnancy now that a lot of the issues I was experiencing have passed. Since moving to Iowa I have no more hives and no longer have to take Singulair and Zyrtec every day. I don't itch any more. Obviously there was something in my environment in California that was causing these reactions. My C-Reactive Protein levels were normal last time they were checked (again, days before leaving California) and I no longer feel the fatigue I did before. Don't get me wrong, I'm exhausted, but its not debilitating like it used to be.

I'm more at peace here in Iowa, less stress for sure, and I'm positive that has a lot to do with my improvement. Gunnar, upon his last ultrasound a week ago, is head down and measures two weeks longer (not bigger in weight) than gestation. He's going to have long chicken legs like Daddy, apparently. He was average in weight, but I'm still expecting at least an 8 1/2 pounder.

The ultrasound tech printed us a picture of his squishy face last week. Its a view kind of looking at and upwards to his face, so we can't see his eyes, but can see his chin, squishy lips and nose. He seems to look a lot like Mattea. I hope he gets Daddy's white blonde hair that he also had as a baby. His feet look pretty big, too and as far as I've counted, all toes and fingers are where they are supposed to be. In the past few days he's found his favorite "nook" to tuck his feet in to, which happens to be my ribs. At times it feels as if there is so much pressure in that one spot under my ribs that they might crack, but it normally goes away if I lie down and "help" him find a new position to hang out in.

I've gained way more weight than I wanted to, but really knew I would anyway. My ankles have started to swell just the tiniest bit, but if you didn't know me it wouldn't be obvious. I only know because my ankles are normally very bony and the inside ankle bone is not protruding as much now. My hair is finally growing out, which makes me happy, but I will not feel the least bit attractive again until I have this baby and start to "deflate" a little.

I continue to pray that Gunnar will be born in good health and that all the scares, medicines, stress, etc. that happened for the first 7 months will have not negatively affected him. Your prayers are appreciated, too.

2 comments:

Megan said...

21 more days! I'm glad you are doing better. I never had allergies until I moved here, and now I have to take zyrtec everyday. I'm hoping I wont' have to after I move. Good luck with your last 21 days!!

Unknown said...

enjoy these final days of your pregnancy. My prayers are lifted for a safe delivery.
~AM