27 July 2009

Thoughts about....

Since I have nothing better to do most days than do a lot of thinking, I've noticed a lot of things lately that I feel like I need to make a list out of. Its simply my OCD-ness manifesting itself a little. I've also decided some of these things will make interesting chapter headlines in my future book.

*The best musicians seem to have stopped hitting the charts (for the most part) after 1980.

*The above thought is exempt when talking about foreign musicians, especially South Americans.

*I have a whole sub-list that deals with Iowans. Just a few...and I grew up here.
---short shorts that ride up in the center, and are white, are not meant to be worn. period. don't care what your size is.

---Midwesterners are plain, grumpy, frumpy, overweight, and unmotivated, at least compared to Californians. This is a generalization, and could be limited to the Des Moines area...and fabric stores and such.

---Everyone leaves plenty of time to drive the speed limit...and even then, seems to be whistling a catchy tune that goes something like "La-di-da...I will get there when the time is right...10 and 2 now, 10 and 2"

---Crispy bangs and dyed black hair with yellow bleached roots along with feathered sides and massive split ends that speak to you as you pass by are not pleasant, however very abundant here.

*Generosity can come back to you ten fold.

*Selfishness will bite you harder than the sting of your attitude on others.

*God is good, and fair, and loving, and will never allow me to know his plan until it falls in my lap. Really, I think he made notes on my file.

*I love Pandora.com.

*I will always enjoy folk music.

*Butt cheeks are not meant to be seen in public. In fact, just let that include any part of the rump.

*When backing out of a parking space in Iowa, always expect someone directly behind you to begin pulling out when you have reached halfway out of your space. When this happens, lay on your horn for at least 2 seconds and laugh as you watch the person behind you jump and then curse your California license plates as if you have done something terribly wrong by being in the same parking lot on the same day as them.

I've vowed to start carrying around a notebook to start writing random thoughts, events, and tirades such as these when they happen. I don't want to forget any of these. Perhaps a voice recorder would be a better investment. Wouldn't want to forget any of the innotation in my voice and what that adds to the situation.

No comments: